iPad TEGA Tablet Surface and Hunter Valley


iPad (pre-launch 2010 Australia) - about to begin second session


On Thursday afternoon I packed up my bags, my iPad, my TEGA Tablet and a Surface Table….yes, a Surface Table! My direction was north, and my goal was to speak at the AIS conference 2010. This is the third occasion I have been invited to present and on this occasion I had to give two sessions, for the first time, so I had twice the opportunity to make blunders, or on a positive note, had twice the opportunity to impress.


"during" my talk I let all the attendees come up
 and play with Surface

Ultimately the audience is a bunch of well-schooled, well intended, IT managers and professionals. Billed as “The primary event for ICT professionals in independent schools” the event is held in the Hunter Valley, i.e. some of Australia’s most heavenly win country. My talks were scheduled for Friday and without delay I packed, prepared and practiced all my lines. With PowerPoint on my new T900 (with multi-touch) and a plethora of cutting edge devices (totalling a street value of almost $30,000 AUD) it was always going to be entertaining at worst! LOL!


"Inspect A Gadet" LOL!!!

My talks came and went, I had countless questions about the TEGA Tablet, the iPad strengths and weaknesses and even had Microsft staff stay through my first talk and come up after and say they thoroughly enjoyed it (especially the Surface bits). Too cool. I just thought I’d share some images as it was fun to be part of. If I get invited back next year (my fourth year) I better start planning ways to beat this year’s presentations….maybe $100K worth of gadgets!

Next week Im speaking at the Webciety Conference, CeBIT Australia 2010. Cant wait!!! Tegatech will have a stand their too.



Surface at AIS NSW IT MANAGERS’ CONFERENCE 2010

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.